Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chapter 1 Refelection and Future Dates

Future live/live web dates:
October 27-3:30 Room 463-Chapter 2-3
November 6-3:30 Location TBD Chapters 4-5
November 18-3:30  Location TBD Chapters 6-7
December 4-3:30 Location TBD Chapter 8

Here is the link to the Google Doc for Chapter 1 so we can share responses with one another.  Keep checking back as people will add to this chapter discussion.  Chapter 1  for the best view go to Form (found directly under the word Responses) a drop down will appear and select  Show summary of responses.

I recorded yesterday's live session. Unfortunately the first 15 minutes we had some connection issues and it was impossible to understand the conversation.  The first 5 seconds are still a little tough but the rest of the recording seems to be okay so I have posted it here for those who would like to hear it.  Thank you to everyone for joining in the conversation yesterday.

These are links to the photo's shared:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UTnp34J5GcLTdtaV93eFV2NlE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UTnp34J5GcTlZmTE1pMnlaSTA/view?usp=sharing

Reflection on Session 1: In our live session today I think my biggest take-away was how our Mindset can change based on our situation and experience. As I read Chapter 1 I couldn't help but think much like Stacy, I have a Fixed Mindset when it comes to certain aspects of my personal life but I definitely have a Growth Mindset when it comes to my work.  It was nice to hear that some of my colleagues feel the same way.  I do believe a Mindset can be developed and even though we can't control other Mindsets we can definitely encourage and strengthen positive Growth Mindsets by living it.  Andrea brought up the sentence that will stick with me.. I can't do it YET!  I'm stealing that one.

Please feel free to comment below to add to the conversation.








No comments:

Post a Comment